In our last blog post we introduced you to the latest social phenomenon, Pinterest.Now, here's our top-10 tips for becoming a Pinterest expert...
Always have your business name shown on your profile – not only to maximise exposure, but also to secure your identity. Next, add a paragraph in the “About” section about who you are and what you’re interested in – this is displayed under your photo and will let users find out more about you. Last but not least, don’t forget to add your website URL in your profile!
- Pin lots, but pin steady. Don't suddenly pin in bulk - pinning steadily will maximise your exposure and engagement, without looking spammy.
- Use creative and interesting names for your pin boards. Keep them short and enticing, as they'll get shared all over Pinterest.
- Pin from lots of different sources, not just from one or two sites. The more the merrier!
- Tag other Pinterest users in your pins by using “@username” in your descriptions. This lets you network with other professionals and traders in your field, and it’s a great way to build your following and stand out.
- “Like” other people’s pins. Liking is comparable to giving a thumbs-up to great content.
- Comment on other people’s pins. Do this regularly to really engage with other users.
- Share your pins on social media sites, using the Pinterest browser bookmarklet with its built-in social media tools. You can also publish pins as content in your blog posts and website pages, by using Pinterest’s embed option.
- Utilise imagery in your website content as much as possible, as doing so will optimise your web content for Pinterest sharing. To help your image stand out, try watermarking the image with your business name or logo. Also add a clear description of the image itself.
- Create seasonal and holiday-related boards, as this is a great way to connect with your audience and potential customers.
- Add a ‘Follow Me on Pinterest’ button on your website to promote and drive traffic to your pins!
If you'd like to find out how you can add Pinterest to your marketing efforts, get in touch today.