We’re hiring! We are looking for a rockstar PHP web developer to join our growing team. If you’re interested then please read on, or share this post with somebody who might be…
- Do you sometimes get a great wind of inspiration that leads on to a 24-hour hack session?
- Have you a desire to work within a sociable team that are dedicated, love music and playing pool, and like to hit up a happy hour on occasion?
- Do you want to work in a company that values your input and allows you to help shape its future growth?
If your answer to all of the above is “that sounds like me” then you may be just the person we’ve been searching for.
You will be responsible for building responsive websites for a broad range of clients, and integrating them into content management systems. Compatibility across multiple devices is paramount, and you will be required to utilise mobile-first development methodologies and rapid prototyping techniques.
Being part of a team, you will need to be a team player that is able to support the project managers, whilst also being able to liaise with clients directly when required. You will be involved throughout the entire project process, and will be expected to assist in producing wireframes, prototypes and other supporting project assets as appropriate, as well as populating and editing content.
- Developing new websites and web applications
- Supporting and maintaining existing client projects
- Working closely with the design team to evolve concepts into working wireframes/prototypes
- Liaising with clients to resolve problems and incorporate feedback
- Undertaking ad-hoc duties as required
You will be a forward-thinking, dedicated, and highly-focused front-end coder, that strives to deliver a high-standard of code and keep up with emerging web technologies. Attention to detail and a keen eye for good design are essential qualities, as is the ability to work without constant direction and change tasks quickly as the business demands.
- Thirst for knowledge (i.e. you wake up on Saturday morning and all you can think about is watching the latest Future of Web Design conference recordings)
- Follows blogs/trends in web development (i.e. you’re more interested in reading Smashing Magazine than Facebook)
- Good written and verbal communicator (you are able to liaise directly with the client if required)
- Degree-qualified (preferred, but not required)
- 2+ years professional experience (you’ve launched live projects)
- Able to develop engaging user interfaces using responsive design techniques
- Comfortable integrating front-end code with back-end content management systems
- Ability to test for, and maintain, cross-browser compatibility across both desktop and mobile devices
It would be highly advantageous if you have:
- An understanding of the complete responsive web design process from initial brief to post-launch
- Experience with SASS and CSS layout engines such as Susy
- Experience with Git and Grunt workflows
- Experience using WordPress as a CMS
- Experience working on ecommerce sites
Who are Deuce?
We’re a small, youthful, up-and-coming digital agency with a clear growth path. We help forward-thinking organisations better engage with their audience online. We do this by creating captivating websites and marketing collateral that helps build our client’s brands and generate them new business.
Our clients range from small start-ups to international brands, covering a broad range of industries. This translates into a wide variety of projects for you to get your teeth into, where no two jobs are the same. We pride ourselves on the combination of excellent work and great customer relationships that ensure our clients continue recommending us.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Paid office closure between Christmas & New Year
- A great opportunity to develop your skill set and progress your career within a busy creative environment
What We Offer
- Town centre location
- A fun working environment within a close-knit, supportive team
- Ongoing training opportunities to learn new and develop existing skills
- The opportunity to work in an exciting, ever-evolving industry
- A chance to attend industry events
- Regular social activities and team-building events
- The ability to help shape the culture of our company
- Job/office is in Aldershot, Hampshire (40mins direct train from London Waterloo)
- Typical hours of 9:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (negotiable)
- Flexible working hours by arrangement, plus remote work on occasion if required
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly no agencies please.